SPRING HALF MARATHON TRAINING
Join us for our Spring Half Marathon training program in Aptos. This 12-week program will get you ready for the Capitola half marathon race. (Race registration not included).
All participants will get an effective and well-organized training experience with Fleet Feet certified coaches, mentors and a whole lotta fun! Workouts are held Saturday mornings at 7:30 am at Fleet Feet Aptos, and again on Tuesdays at 6 pm at either Fleet Feet Aptos or at the Aptos High School track. Make sure to check out your weekly trainee newsletters to know where we will be meeting each week. Each participant will receive a technical tee (size guaranteed if registered by Friday Feb 1st , 2019), coaching at each group workout, educational clinics, comprehensive training schedule to prepare you for race day success, and more!
Launch Event is on Wed Feb 27th . This program will begin Sat March 2nd. Race Day is Sunday May 19th .
- WHEN: Sat March 2, 2019 – Sat May 18, 2019
- WHERE: Fleet Feet Aptos and Aptos High School Track
- MEET UP DAYS:
– Saturdays at 7:30 am at Fleet Feet Aptos and one off site workout location TBD
– Tuesdays at 6 pm at Fleet Feet Aptos or Aptos High School Track (location will be announced each week in training newsletter)
- GOAL RACE: Capitola Half Marathon (cost of training does not include race registration)
– $155 for 12 weeks
- KICK OFF EVENT: Wed February 27 at 6:30
Join us at the Capitola Half Marathon Launch event. No workout, just fun! Gear Up specials start this night! Visit our Fleet Feet Aptos Facebook page for more details regarding this event.
- Detailed weekly training schedule with mileage
- Weekly emails with instructional information
- 12 weeks of instructional and motivational coaching by Fleet Feet
- Certified coaches and mentors
- Electrolytes and water at workouts
- Fleet Feet Running Club Technical Training Tee (size guaranteed if registered by Friday, Feb 1st )
- Exclusive training group gear up shopping specials on footwear and essentials for training
- Instructional clinics on Hydration, Fueling, Injury Prevention/Recovery and Race Prep, geared specifically for your half marathon race
- Pancake breakfasts, raffles, giveaways, and more surprises during training
- Shoe and product demonstrations, discounts and giveaways by participating vendors
- Race Prep night pizza party
- An atmosphere of fun and encouragement!
- Must be able to maintain a 13 minute/mile pace during Saturday workouts (this is similar to the course requirements)
- Recent 10K race experience helpful but not required
- We recommend coming into the training, being able to run or do run/walk intervals, for 5 miles.
RULES and GUIDELINES
- No refunds or exchanges available after the first day of training
- Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs, children under 13 or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
- Race entry fee not included in the price of training
*If you are currently registered in the She Trains training, there are about 3 weeks where the training overlaps with Spring Half Marathon training. If this applies to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for this special circumstance.