Monterey New Boundaries Fall 5K Program
No Experience Necessary!
Sept 7th - Nov 11th
New Boundaries is a beginner fitness program designed for people who are looking for a supportive and non-competitive environment in which to learn to love walking, walk/running or running. Our coaches and mentors build you up, motivate you and teach you proper form, goal-setting, stretching, hydration, nutrition, injury prevention and more - all while getting you out and moving toward your first 5k.
- Open House Information Session: Thursday, August 31st at 6:00 pm @ Fleet Feet Monterey.
- Start Date: Thursday, September 7th at 6:00 pm at Fleet Feet Monterey
- Season Logistics: Thursdays @ 6:00 pm and Sundays @ 8:00 am, meet at Fleet Feet Monterey on Alvarado street for a coach-led group run.
- Goal Race: Pacific Grove Lighthouse 5k on the weekend of November 11th, 2017. (Race registration not included)
- Cost: $90
Here is a breakdown of our participant groups:
- NewBo 1 – Program for runners and walkers who want to work up to the distance and build endurance for the race.
- Group 1 – Participants who are hoping to walk the distance
- Group 2 – Participants who are hoping to run/walk the distance
- Group 3 – Participants who are hoping to run the distance
This program provides coaching and personalized instruction to help you start, maintain, and grow a fitness routine. From dynamic stretching and group workouts to proper nutrition and injury prevention, our experienced team of coaches are dedicated to equip you for success. The program starts slowly and progresses to 3.5 miles over 10 weeks. The gradual increase in distance not only minimizes the risk of personal frustration and physical injury, but builds confidence and strong, sustainable endurance.
Run. Walk. Your style. Your choice. Your goals.