Rock Runners Trail Program
If you are looking to learn how to run and hike on a variety of trails, want to meet new trail running/hiking friends, and prepare for the Nisene Marks Race in June, then check out our Rock Runners Trail Program. Over the course of 8 weeks, we will have 8 supported, coached trail runs and hikes increasing in distance and difficulty. Our coaches and trail support team will help you safely train for trails and the culminating event of the Nisene Marks Race, utilizing mostly the Nisene Marks Forest Park trails. While it is helpful that you have been on trails before, it is not required. Please NOTE: Group C and D will be training by time rather than distance. See below.
- When: April 7 - May 26
- Info night: April 4th 6:15 pm
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos (but we'll be running the trails in Nisene Marks and other local trails such as Wilder, Fall Creek, Pogonip)
- Who: Because of the "wild" nature of this training, there are a few prerequisites for joining the program:
1. Currently running or hiking 4 - 5 days/wk. and a minimum of 45 - 50 minutes per run/hike
2. Injury free and able to run/hike continuously for 3-4 miles on single track trails
3. Practical application and understanding of fueling, hydration and stretching (must carry hydration vessel on all runs)
*** See "Required Activity Level" below for additional details.
- Meet Up Dates: Saturday's at 8am
- Race: Forest of Nisene Marks Half Marathon / June 2, 2018
- Cost: $80 (race registration not included)
***Must register by March 24th to guarantee the t-shirt size you request
- FFRC patch earned with 80% attendance:
- Weekly Training Schedules with trail information
- 8 supported Saturday morning trail runs (4 different pace groups)
- Experienced coaching at all group workouts
- Trail maps always available before every workout
- Fleet Feet Run Club Tee
- Exclusive shopping specials on trail footwear and essentials
- Energy Replacement Drinks and Water during workouts
- Weekly Training Newsletter with trail running specific content
- Education on Proper Trail Running Technique, Fueling, Stretching, and More - it's different on dirt!
- Learn Safety in the Wild
Required Activity Level:
- Group A: Under 11 Minute Per Mile Pace Group - This group is for you if you can keep a road pace of 11 minutes per mile or faster (12 min/mile or faster on trails) for 5+ miles.
- Group B: 11-12 Minute Per Mile Pace Group - This group is for you if you can keep a pace between 11 - 12 minutes per mile (12 - 13 min/mile on trails) for 5+ miles running or run/walk intervals.
- Group C: 13-14 Minute Per Mile Pace Group- This group is for you if you are a 13 - 14 minute per mile runner or run/walker ( 14 - 15 min/mile on trails) on the road for 5+ miles. *Please Note: This group will be training by time rather than mileage in order to finish near the other groups.
- Group D: 15 Minute Per Mile and Above Pace Group - This group is for you if are a 15 minute per mile and above walker (16 and above min/mile on the trails) on the road for 3+ miles. *Please Note: This group will be training by time rather than mileage in order to finish near the other groups.
- We reserve the right to move folks to alternate pace group if necessary.
***No refunds after first workout on Saturday April 7th and no exchanges or transfers at any time. No exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we can not allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.