Rock Runners Fall 2018
If you are looking to learn how to run, run/hike, or hike on a variety of trails, want to meet new trail running/hiking friends, and prepare for the Woodside Ramble on December 15th, 2018, then check out our Rock Runners Trail Program. Over the course of 8 weeks, we will have 8 supported, coached trail runs or hikes increasing in distance and difficulty. Our Coaches and Mentors will help you safely train for trails and the Woodside Ramble, utilizing mostly the Nisene Marks Forest Park trails, including some of our local State Parks in Santa Cruz county. While it is helpful that you have been on trails before, it is not required. Please NOTE: Group C and D will be training by time rather than distance. See below.
- When: Saturdays Oct 20 - Dec 8
- Info night: Wenesday Oct 10, 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Kick Off Event: Tue Oct 16, 6 pm to 7 pm. Demo run/hike with Saucony.
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos (but we'll be running the trails in Nisene Marks and other local trails such as Wilder, Fall Creek, Pogonip, etc. Carpooling is recommended, if you have a State Parks pass, this is helpful)
- Who: Because of the "wild" nature of this training, there are a few prerequisites for joining the program:
1. Currently running or hiking 4 - 5 days/wk. and a minimum of 45 - 50 minutes per run/hike
2. Injury free and able to run/hike continuously for 3-4 miles on single track trails
3. Practical application and understanding of fueling, hydration and stretching (must carry hydration vessel on all runs)
*** See "Required Activity Level" below for additional details.
- Meet Up Dates: Saturday's at 8am
- Race: Woodside Ramble, Saturday December 15, 2018. Not required, but if
chosen, Group A and B will be ready for the Half Marathon, Group B and C will be
ready for the 10K. Depending on the final mileage completed, Group D may be
ready for the 10K (this is due to the group training by time rather than distance).
- Cost: $80 (race registration not included)
Use code RREARLYBIRD2018 to get $10 off if you register by SEPTEMBER 29
***Must register by Sat October 6th to guarantee your t-shirt***
- Weekly Training Schedules with trail information
- 8 supported Saturday morning trail runs (4 different pace groups)
- Experienced coaching at all group workouts
- Trail maps always available before every workout
- Fleet Feet Running Club Tee (If registered by Saturday Oct 6 th )
- Exclusive shopping specials on trail footwear and essentials
- Energy Replacement Drinks and Water during workouts
- Weekly Training Newsletter with trail running specific content
- Education on Proper Trail Running Technique, Fueling, Stretching, and More - it's different on dirt!
Required Activity Level:
- Group A: Under 11 Minute Per Mile Trail Pace Group (10 min/mile or faster on
road) - This group is for you if you can keep a running trail pace of 11 minutes per mile or faster for 5+ miles.
- Group B: 12-13 Minute Per Mile Trail Pace Group (11 - 12 min/mile on road) -
This group is for you if you can keep a running trail pace between 12 - 13 minutes per mile for 5+ miles running or run/walk intervals.
- Group C: 14-15 Minute Per Mile Trail Pace Group (13 - 14 min/mile on road) -
This group is for you if you can keep a trail pace between 14 - 15 minute per mile, runner or run/hiker for 5+ miles. *Please Note: This group will be training by time rather than mileage in order to finish near the other groups.
- Group D: 16 Minute Per Mile and Above Trail Pace Group (15 min/mile and
above on the road) - This group is for you if are a 16 minute per mile and above trail hiker for 3+ miles. *Please Note: This group will be training by time rather than mileage in order to finish near the other groups.
- We reserve the right to move trainees to an alternate pace group if necessary.
*** No refunds after first workout on Saturday Oct 20th and no exchanges or transfers at any time. No exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
****** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.